Dozing Off
Yesterday, I dozed off while listening to Judge Herrera lecturing. Consider the following factors:
1. It was three in the afternoon.
2.The air conditioner was almost at full blast.
3. His voice was monotonous.
4. Lack of sleep for the past week.
It was one of a kind experience. I was writing while he was lecturing, when suddenly my head almost fell on the desk in a single blink. I actually felt my brain shutdown and then reboot for over a second. It was like the feeling you get when you doze off while riding on a stereo-less jeep or FX on a hot afternoon.
Observant as we are, we believe that even Judge Herrera felt drowsy with the sound of his own voice. Isang “ibong Adarna” moment for all of us… and we have to endure it for the next five months.
xxx xxx xxx xxx
Football season is almost near. And the law school team is now recruiting for new members. In my almost six years stay in UST, never have I heard of the Law School team win a single game. (Or if they did, who knows?) I’ve been tempted to sign-up, especially when I saw my classmate, Tyrol’s name on the sign-up list. (Which I believe still has twelve names on it. Exactly one team… no substitution… for almost two hours worth of playing time.) Well, he has the leisure of time (He’s an irregular with just over 10+ units), I don’t. Plus, my lungs are lined with carbon and nicotine, and my body has now adjusted for long hours of sitting, and my running muscles have succumbed to atrophy because of the sport known as “marathon reading”, my shin guards are missing, and I don't know if my spikes still fit me at all.
1. It was three in the afternoon.
2.The air conditioner was almost at full blast.
3. His voice was monotonous.
4. Lack of sleep for the past week.
It was one of a kind experience. I was writing while he was lecturing, when suddenly my head almost fell on the desk in a single blink. I actually felt my brain shutdown and then reboot for over a second. It was like the feeling you get when you doze off while riding on a stereo-less jeep or FX on a hot afternoon.
Observant as we are, we believe that even Judge Herrera felt drowsy with the sound of his own voice. Isang “ibong Adarna” moment for all of us… and we have to endure it for the next five months.
xxx xxx xxx xxx
Football season is almost near. And the law school team is now recruiting for new members. In my almost six years stay in UST, never have I heard of the Law School team win a single game. (Or if they did, who knows?) I’ve been tempted to sign-up, especially when I saw my classmate, Tyrol’s name on the sign-up list. (Which I believe still has twelve names on it. Exactly one team… no substitution… for almost two hours worth of playing time.) Well, he has the leisure of time (He’s an irregular with just over 10+ units), I don’t. Plus, my lungs are lined with carbon and nicotine, and my body has now adjusted for long hours of sitting, and my running muscles have succumbed to atrophy because of the sport known as “marathon reading”, my shin guards are missing, and I don't know if my spikes still fit me at all.
I’ve asked him how could they practice with all the work load? He said “Wala ng practice-practice, kung malapit na matalo, makipag-away na lang.” Or something like that. True, but unlikely. What if ang makalaban nila eh ang Ateliers or ang mga Eccle? (Eccle people are the seminarians… the Catholic version of Shaolin Soccer… one the strongest teams in UST… pano ba naman, malapit na sila kay Lord, malapit pa sila sa soccer field… kahit yata madaling araw kaya nila mag-practice.) Wala pang 30 minutes eh naka -10 goals na yung mga yun against us.
Weighing the evidence and all the attendant circumstances, I cannot afford to join the team, lest I want to succumb to early death.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home