sunday night club revived
It was around 6:30 pm in the evening, while I was slowly enjoying my 2nd bottle of Colt 45 while watching One Tree Hill, Karen called and asked why my fone was turned off. I was charging it. Anyhow, we were to have an impromptu gimmick and meet Dennis at 8pm to catch a movie. So we went to the usual meeting place of convenience at the Citisquare Mall, the tambayan ng mga jologs which I love to go to once in a while to buy foodstuff or watch a lame ass movie at the Robinsons Department Store or the Movie World. (mind you, the movie house is surely decent enough).
When we reached the place, the green van was already there. So we traveled far and wide to the eternal city of Makati and parked at Greenbelt. Den said he checked the movie schedule online so he was sure there was a 9pm screening of THE LONGEST YARD. Apprently, there was not. So, we traversed on by foot to Glorietta 1 since there was a 9:30pm screening there. We arrived on time and the movie hasn’t started yet.
While walking along the footbridge connecting Greenbelt and Landmark, and in front of Powerbooks, someone called me twice. It was Reggie, a college friend of mine. So we chit chatted for a very, very brief moment. Didn’t recognize him at first though, ‘coz he wasn’t that thin guy that I remembered. After exchanges of flattery and comity, we fled the scene and proceeded to the movie house.
Afterwards, the two got hungry, so we went to Manila and tried to see if the new place at CCP was still open. Apparently not. Only Mocha Blends was. So, we rode off to Malate and cruised a little, and since I was so up for Japanese food, I persuaded them to eat at Rai Rai Ken. After pigging out on makis, tempuras, sashimis and Dennis’ giggly tofu, which tasted like taho according to them, we proceeded off to return home. And by home we mean the Cayco residence. Wrong move for us though, we passed through Manila City Hall, and there was a check point. And this gruffly and fat ass policeman came over and asked for us to turn on the lights. Well, at least he knows what to do. Plain view search only. But it was stupid for him to ask if we had guns. Duh! Even a criminal wouldn’t answer that. Anyhow, that was just the lawyer in me speaking.
So then, we had Gilbey’s gin na bitin. Dahil parang dumaan lang sa lalamunan namin. It was a mistake for us to buy just one bottle. It was even a mistake further for us not to buy some booze while the tindahan sa tapat ay bukas pa. So, we had to contend ourselves with imagining that the lemonade had gin. Pathetic.
Den and I went home around 6am. This was the latest (or should I say, earliest) I’ve been out in months. And now, I believe, I am nocturnal once again.
When we reached the place, the green van was already there. So we traveled far and wide to the eternal city of Makati and parked at Greenbelt. Den said he checked the movie schedule online so he was sure there was a 9pm screening of THE LONGEST YARD. Apprently, there was not. So, we traversed on by foot to Glorietta 1 since there was a 9:30pm screening there. We arrived on time and the movie hasn’t started yet.
While walking along the footbridge connecting Greenbelt and Landmark, and in front of Powerbooks, someone called me twice. It was Reggie, a college friend of mine. So we chit chatted for a very, very brief moment. Didn’t recognize him at first though, ‘coz he wasn’t that thin guy that I remembered. After exchanges of flattery and comity, we fled the scene and proceeded to the movie house.
Afterwards, the two got hungry, so we went to Manila and tried to see if the new place at CCP was still open. Apparently not. Only Mocha Blends was. So, we rode off to Malate and cruised a little, and since I was so up for Japanese food, I persuaded them to eat at Rai Rai Ken. After pigging out on makis, tempuras, sashimis and Dennis’ giggly tofu, which tasted like taho according to them, we proceeded off to return home. And by home we mean the Cayco residence. Wrong move for us though, we passed through Manila City Hall, and there was a check point. And this gruffly and fat ass policeman came over and asked for us to turn on the lights. Well, at least he knows what to do. Plain view search only. But it was stupid for him to ask if we had guns. Duh! Even a criminal wouldn’t answer that. Anyhow, that was just the lawyer in me speaking.
So then, we had Gilbey’s gin na bitin. Dahil parang dumaan lang sa lalamunan namin. It was a mistake for us to buy just one bottle. It was even a mistake further for us not to buy some booze while the tindahan sa tapat ay bukas pa. So, we had to contend ourselves with imagining that the lemonade had gin. Pathetic.
Den and I went home around 6am. This was the latest (or should I say, earliest) I’ve been out in months. And now, I believe, I am nocturnal once again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home